Saturday, July 24, 2010

Here!


(an extremely awkward picture)
Today marks my second day in Quito...what a remarkable city! I am certainly going to get lost...
We landed in Ecuador at about 1:30 on Friday the 23rd. Sachiyo, George, and I flew from LAX at 8:35 to arrive in Miami around 4. There we met the majority of our group and waited for our delayed plane that didn't come until 9-something. When I woke up the next morning, I didn't know where I was for about a good 2 seconds. My senses took their time in returning to me. Sad to say, my first day was pretty much viewed through the eyes of a zombie and I'm afraid I was less than charismatic, but it was still exciting to go out in the day. I love the mountains surrounding the city. The university is gorgeous. As for the public transportation system, well, that will take some getting used to.
Today was much better awareness-wise. I still had trouble falling asleep last night because the hall lights shine through a glass door that is directly across from my bed, but I skipped lunch in favor of a beautiful, most splendid nap before we headed to the historical part of Ecuador where I took my first pictures of the trip, and that nap has made a load of difference. I now feel much more human...even though it's only 9:30 and it already feels so late.
There's a lot I need to learn...haha
Tomorrow we get our host families!
:D

4 comments: